Sunday, July 24, 2016

Italy Trip Part 1


Earlier this summer, we were fortunate to be able to go to Rome and Venice, thanks to a very kind family member. I had been to Italy before, but of course it is insanely fantastic every time, and it was especially meaningful to be able to go with my husband, who has not had many of what we civilian-types call "vacations." 

 We of course made sure to visit the major sites. The greatest hits, if you will.



I am not a religious person in any sense of the word; visiting the Colosseum is the closest I've come to what I imagine people mean when they say they had a spiritual experience. It's just so crazy that you hear about it your whole life, and then you go there and it's real. It all really happened.

(And also this happened. )





Especially great was being able to see old friends, such as my host family from my semester abroad in college:



And some really old friends. (If you haven't already, read I, Claudius ASAP.) 

Turns out the word had gotten out about some of the tourist spots.

So we did our best to get off the beaten path. For example, by exploring at night.










Or taking half-deserted streets

(Shout out to my husband for taking the photos that I'm in.)

Next Up: "Oh, you blend."



No comments:

Post a Comment