Monday, March 11, 2013

RC's Q+A at the DC JCC

My dad came to DC to do a Q+A and promote his new book.


I could go on about all the ways that DC is inferior to NYC, but the real problem is it lacks a number of the people I love. I am always thrilled when my parents find or make a reason to come visit.

First there was a photo shoot at the beginning with cameras large...

...and not so large.



The Q + A was great.  By which mostly I mean my dad was great.

The moderator was lovely as well.

Then the audience asked questions. This can make any writer, no matter how experienced, a little apprehensive. (Many's the time I've heard my dad request "Can you please rephrase your question in the form of a question?") But this evening, the audience's questions provided interesting discussion.  My favorite part was when my dad referenced a fascinating experiment that proved elephants are self-aware, and a tall man stood up to say he was a scientist at the national zoo and had worked on that very experiment. A great DC moment, even I will admit.

After, my dad answered more questions one-on-one.

And signed some books.

(He's a pro.)

2 comments:

  1. It's nice when kids are proud of their folks. Usually we're just embarrassing.

    Your pride is justifiable; Mr. Cohen does good work. And his kvelling is equally justifiable...judging from your blog.

    Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie, very charming post, I feel like I was there!

    And I just saw your famous father last night, at his latest "Person Place Thing" program, where his guest was Rachel Dratch -- it was a great one!

    ReplyDelete